3 May 2011
You are invited to attend an ASHFIELD SENIORS ACTION COMMITTEE of Ashfield Council, to be held at the Pratten Park Tennis Club, 40 Arthur Street, Ashfield on TUESDAY 10 MAY 2011 at 10.00 AM.
SEE ATTACHED AGENDA
Ashfield Seniors Action Committee - 10 May 2011
2. Acknowledgement of Local Indigenous Community
3. Apologies/Request for Leave of Absence
4. Disclosures Of Interest
Disclosures to be made by any Councillors who have a pecuniary / non-pecuniary interest in respect of matters that are before the Committee at this meeting.
5. Confirmation of Minutes of Committee
Ashfield Seniors Action Committee - 15/02/2011
6. General Business
6.1 Guest Speaker – Narelle Brown, Community Development Officer
Energy & Water Ombudsman, NSW
Topics covered will include:
· How to lodge a complaint with the Energy & Water Ombudsman
· Types of complaints investigated, including statistics in NSW
· Case studies
· Hardship Programs within the energy retailers
· Government energy rebates and other assistance
· Energy Savings hints and tips and government savings programs
6.2 Guest Speaker – Elizabeth Sacco, Project Coordinator, Ashfield Council – RTA Pedestrian Safety Pilot Project
Pedestrian safety along Liverpool Road has long been a concern of Ashfield Council and more recently a focus of the NSW Roads & Traffic Authority. Elizabeth will explore the safety issues and local statistics and explain Council’s involvement in an RTA Pilot Project.